Instructional Position Hiring Process
Application Tips and Tricks
have gotten feedback from other applicants saying that our system tends
to function better when the browser, Firefox, is in use.
- To download Firefox, click here: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
- If you are using Internet Explorer and are experience issues accessing our application, click on the Compatibility Mode icon found toward the top right of the browser window. It looks like a torn piece of paper and is on the top right of the browser, next to the refresh button.
MUST upload a resume to complete step 1 of the application process. If
you do not upload a resume, an error message will appear and you will not be able to submit step 1 of your application.
The Application Process
All instructional applicants will fill out the same application. Submitting one application will, if you choose, make you eligible for instructional opportunities throughout the entire network. You do NOT need to submit multiple applications to be considered for multiple instructional positions. You will have the opportunity to list your grade level and subject preferences on the application.
Below you will find important information that you should read and review as you begin the application.
Our application process consists of the following steps:
The application itself is made up of two stages which begin once you click "Apply Now" for a teaching or instructional leader position:
- Application Review
- Phone Interview
- School Leader Review
- School Leader Interview Process (varies school to school)
1. Registration - registration contains two parts:
- Part I - Input your basic personal information, which will include creating a unique username and password. Be sure to save your username and password as they are unique to you and will be needed each time you login to edit or view your resume or apply to a new job.
- Part II - Upload a Microsoft Word or PDF version of your resume. After you submit a resume, and select "I understand I need to complete Step 2" you will receive an email with the link to our teacher application. Please note that you will be able to login to the system to update it at any point.
2. Application Questions. Follow the link that was e-mailed to you and then answer basic questions about your background. In addition, you will complete three to four short essay questions specifically related to the position in which you are applying. You will be able to review your answers before submitting your application. Again, please note one important features of our application process:
Submitting one application will, if you choose, make you eligible for instructional opportunities throughout the entire KIPP New Orleans Network. You do NOT need to submit multiple applications in order to be considered for multiple available positions.
To learn more about our current openings click here: Apply Now