Summer KTC Partners
Below is a list of organizations that in the past have either hosted an intern, partnered with us on a project, or made a meaningful contribution to KIPP New Orleans Schools. If after reading their organizational profile below and researching their work, you feel the company is aligned to your career interests, we can help you get your foot in the door!
- Align Today – is trusted by over 800 companies worldwide. Whether you’re a marketing agency, a software company, a landscaping business or a consultant, our software provides solutions for your growing pains.
- Entergy – is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations in the Deep South of the United States.
- Latrium/Intralox – Laitram is a vibrant, forward-thinking company with an intense commitment to innovation, integrity, and continuous improvement throughout its four operating divisions – Laitram Machinery, Intralox, Lapeyre Stair and Laitram Machine Shop.
- Canal Barge – Form long-term mutually profitable partnerships with our customers by providing consistently high quality marine transportation, harbor services, bulk liquid storage handling, and management services, with zero spills and incidents
- Bain Consulting Group – (based in Atlanta) One of the "Big Three" management consultancies, it is seen as one of the most prestigious employers in the industry. The firm provides advice to public, private, and non-profit organizations
- Junior Achievement – the nation's largest organization dedicated to giving young people the knowledge and skills they need to own their economic success, plan for their futures, and make smart academic and economic choices
- SBP formerly St. Bernard Project – is a long-term rebuilding and disaster resilience nonprofit organization working to change the way America prepares for, and recovers from, disasters. They are interested in interns for their Communications, Development, and Operations departments
- Opportunities Academy – [OA] is Collegiate Academies' rigorous, post-secondary full day program for scholars with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Medical Field-Job Exposure – Shadowing doctors and nurses to learn more about the profession and daily roles and responsibilities.
Connections will be made after your follow-through with the criteria listed below:
- Email an explanation outlining why you would like an introduction to one of the specific partner organizations to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attach current resume to the explanation email
The Campus Ambassador is a current college student who will be responsible for leading the effort to create a strong KIPP alumni cohort on campus focused on college persistence, which includes connecting students to social, academic, financial and career supports. The role requires a minimum of 3-4 hours a week and works directly with their campus specific alumni advisor. For more information on role specifics, please contact your alumni advisor. Compensation will be a book stipend for the following semester.
KIPPCorps will place 16 local college alumni in our 11 KIPP New Orleans Schools. We only have 6 open spots this year! Interviews will be held on September 6th from 1-5:00. Alumni will largely be focused on tutoring and mentoring, while also supporting the school with extra curriculars and operations. Alumni will be allowed to work a maximum of 20 hours a week at $11/hr. For more information on the roles or any questions please reach out to Mrs. Cornelius at email@example.com or 504-598-6608.