Why KIPP New Orleans
Why work for KIPP New Orleans Schools
At KIPP New Orleans Schools, we seek to:
- Provide a holistic compensation package that honors the work our employees do each day.
- We strive to offer complete compensation that is and remains competitive in the local marketplace. In addition, we work to be fair, transparent and fiscally responsible/sustainable with our compensation.
- Present a comprehensive, high-quality suite of benefits, adaptable to individual employee needs.
- Encourage employees to build a long-term motivating career with us. We hope to foster a working environment that not only supports every employee to become excellent in his/her role, but also provide opportunities for exciting new challenges as his/her skills and passion grow.
Employees at KIPP New Orleans Schools are constantly growing their skills:
- Teachers receive 300 hours of professional development during the summer and school year
- Staff uses technology that enables them to do their jobs well
- Salaries are determined through a fair and transparent process
Benefits to working at KIPP New Orleans Schools
- KNOS employees can choose to contribute to a 403(b) retirement plan. From day one of employment KNOS will match employees' contributions up to 5% of salary.
- KNOS employees and families have access to comprehensive, customizable heath coverage, including free dental, vision, disability and basic life insurance (premium upgrades available).
- Fifty-five paid vacation days for non-administrative staff, plus ten additional PTO days.
- Career pathways programs to support consistent growth in skills.
- As a national network of 200 KIPP schools, our employees gain access to collaboration and resource-sharing, leadership training, high-quality curriculum and more.
- Individualized opportunities to augment your salary.
- Wellness resources, including on-site health clinics, free counseling, and more.
- Subsidized child care at Hoffman Early Learning Center.
All employees hired after Friday, August 20, 2021 must be able to provide documentation that either the new-hire employee has received a COVID-19 vaccination or has requested and been granted reasonable accommodation from the KNOS Director of HR to be exempted from the requirements of this policy.
KIPP New Orleans Schools has a vaccine mandate. More information available upon applying.